Monday, October 20, 2008

Cami's Story

I met Jared for the very first time last December. He had just barely got home from his mission and got a job serving at the Olive Garden. When I first met him, I thought he was strange and nerdy. He still had the missionary look and was pretty awkward for awhile. We probably didn't talk for months, I would just see him around work every once in awhile. One night a friend we worked with invited me to go listen to a band with him. When he came to my house to pick me up,I walked to his car and saw Jared crouched behind a car waiting to scare me when I came out. He didn't know he was waiting at the wrong door. We all hung out that night and I thought he was fun. On the way home, Jared was talking about how he didn't have any friends since he got home, so I got his phone number and offered to call him whenever the group hung out. For the next few months we all hung out a few times a week, but we were always just friends. One night while at dinner, one of my friends asked me if I liked Jared. I hadn't really thought about it, but when I did, I realized I did kind of have a crush on him. He was getting out of his nerdy missionary awkwardness and he was kind of fun. After that Jared started to ask me on dates, but it was an off and on thing. I couldn't figure him out. He would act really interested and then he would stop cold turkey. A bunch of us had decided to go on a cruise together at the beginning of the Summer. By this time, we weren't going out on dates at all. We weren't even close friends anymore and I was worried it would be weird between us on the cruise. While on the cruise, we realized the other people we were with took forever to get up in the mornings, so me and Jared just started hanging out with each other. I would say our interest was rekindled and that was that. When we got home we started dating for serious.... and the rest is Happily Ever After. The End.

2 comments:

Jared and Katie said...

Aww.. you're cute!! Hooray for Jareds :)

Jennie said...

I was over at the Spendlove's and saw your darling wedding invites, AND I noticed a blog address so I thought I'd check it out! You two are so cute and I'm so excited for you guys! We are all excited to have you join the crazy (in a good way) Spendlove family:) Hope all the wedding plans are coming along, 'cause it'll be here in a jiffy!!